Software Developer (Junior)
Do you love solving hard problems and learning new things? Are you looking for your first opportunity to apply your creativity and coding skills to a real-world project? Are you interested in building the future of 3D online mapping?
We’re a small team of web & game developers that have directed our talents toward solving problems related to 3D online maps.
You will help us in creating the next generation of 3D mapping solutions for engineers, architects, game developers, and more. Equator specializes in aggregating, converting, and delivering geospatial assets using the latest techniques and standards.
Try it out @ https://maps.equatorstudios.com/
What it’s like to work at Equator:
Founded & based in Kitchener, Ontario, Equator Studios has fully embraced WFH, both internally with our remote-first virtual office, and at a product level, with the world’s first real-time collaborative GIS mapping platform.
A typical workday starts with a virtual stand-up meeting held in chat, followed by a visit to the team voice chat lobby where you can chat with colleagues about everything and nothing. We’re doing what we can to leverage technology in order to bridge the void that WFH sometimes creates while leveraging the perk of the modern virtual office.
What you’ll do at Equator:
As a junior software developer at Equator, you will work alongside developers with 10+ years of experience who will provide mentorship and guidance as you grow into your role. You will have an opportunity to work on a variety of problems, including:
- Working with our team to design and develop an elegant web application.
- Working with other developers to understand design requirements.
- Working with the growth team on website automation.
- Collaborating with our experienced team to implement features.
- Working in a collaborative environment, interfacing with other team members regularly, sharing knowledge via diagrams, discussion, and examples.
You’ve checked out https://stage1.equatorstudios.com/ and like what we do. While exploring our app, you can see missed opportunities, bugs, and things you want to improve. You’re willing to learn what it takes to take your ideas from start to finish.
Our stack includes:
- Problem-solving and communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience
How to Apply:
Send resume, git, or portfolio to email@example.com
Join the Equator Community Discord server for a technical challenge/interview!